Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello friends.... where has the time gone? Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner, and June will rapidly follow...

Alaska has been BEAUTIFUL! things are finally turning green and the weather has been gorgeous! The days are getting long, it has still been light out when I arrive at my childcare gig at 11pm. I love it!

Speaking of childcare (aka job #2 of 3), I did not expect to receive firearm training when I showed up to the cabin last Friday. Apparently there have been more break-ins in the Sterling area and the mom wanted to make sure I could defend her house and her boys! With the 22, both single and double barrel 12 gauge shotguns and an amble supply of ammo, I was good to go! If anyone tries to come into THIS cabin, they're in for a surprise... ;)

Michael graduates from Skyview High School on Tuesday. He's planning on going to Seattle Pacific University in the fall. He's been focusing on track and music the last few months, and its been paying off. His band, the Band Next Door (BND) recently had fun recording their first demo, and are trying to get as many shows in before the boys leave for school in the fall. They will be opening for Everyday Sunday later this summer, and possibly Thousand Foot Krutch as well.

Michael dominated the 110 Hurdles at regions this past weekend, and shaved 1/2 a second off his PR! State, here we come! Secretly I was most excited that he beat this kid from So-Hi who thinks he's all that and apparantly trash talks like no other. Michael just beat him and walked away! SO PROUD! Here's pics from the last two weekends- the SoHi kid is on Michael's right...


and here he is finishing at Regions! the other guys aren't even off the ground yet!! :)

Katie just got home from Indiana for the summer. It's great to have her back! She's working at Angler's Lodge for the summer...and I'm secretly hoping to get hooked up with a guided fishing trip like we did last year! :)

David comes home from Paris the first of June- he'll be in Alaska for a week then headed back to Indiana (I think...who knows with him!) I'm looking forward to seeing him and having a sibling photoshoot!

Speaking of photos, I'm slowly but surely continuing to lose weight/tone up. And I got my nose pierced last week. I LOVE it! Its cute/sexy and fits me well! :) Pictures will be forthcoming. I'd post some now, but my camera is officially kapoot. The tribe had the Grand Celebration at the opening of the fish net for the summer season, and in the midst of playing with kids and sandcastles I got sand in my camera and...yeah the rest is history. So now its an excuse to upgrade!!! hehe...any camera suggestions? My computer quit on me again and, after much consulting and belaboring, I decided to convert....my macbook is on its way! :)

Alright, I've rebelled and neglected today's to-do list long enough...I'm off! It was nice, though, to linger at my mother's kitchen table, steal internet, sip coffee, enjoy the sounds of the birds and wind chimes outside, and update you on the recent happenings in my life.

I promise I'll be back sooner rather than 3 months later with more news from my corner of the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!